View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 CKD car 

Hi,
May I find out what options is available while waiting for car purchased under REP to be delivered and how much it cost u guys?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:49 pm

rent a car.
In KL, viva around RM1000 per month, the short period the more expensive per day calculated.
MyV around RM1400 per month

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:37 pm

hi everyone,

Need advice urgently...

Bought my Toyota CKD car 2 years ago under REP, & after 2 year, & now I'm relocating again, thus need to sell my car.

I called my toyota agent last week, he told me that I'm have to pay for the tax when I sell my car. And I hv to go to the custom office to get this car tax calculated.
Now, this got me confused because all these while from the REP official website, this is the answer given:

Extracted from REP - FAQ :

If I use my car for more than 2 years, I can sell it after that and will not have to pay any taxes. If this is the case, will the buyer have to pay the taxes? Is it true that no tax and duty will be imposed if the car is old after 5 years?

[color=#FF00BF]Once you have purchased your two (2) CKD vehicles tax-free, you must have them in possession for a minimum period of two (2) years before you are allowed to sell them off to a third party. The third party will be responsible to pay to the Government any taxes payable incurred on the CKD vehicles based on tax-written- down-value/market value. Vehicles cannot be sold or its ownership transferred (penukaran hak milik) without paying excise duty and sales tax calculated by the Royal Malaysian Customs during the sale or ownership transfer. There will be taxes paid at any time the car is sold.

Isn't this contradicting with the FAQ from REP? Or is my misinterpreation of their FAQ statement?

Any sharing?

Or any recommendation to any experienced car dealer in KL who can handle "so called tax-free" CKD car?

Thanks in advance.

Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:54 am

Hi newbie,

It sounds like the taxes will have to be paid by somebody, whether it's you or the buyer.

Will pose this question to the REP folks and let you know soon as I hear.

May

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi Newbie,

Okay, I e-mailed the REP folks and this is what they said.

If the car is sold before 2 years, full taxes have to be paid by the REP recipient, i.e. you.

If the car is sold after 2 years, you will incur a tax calculated on the depreciated value (market price), and either you or the buyer will be liable. Usually, they say, it is the buyer as they will be buying the car at the normal market price.

Does that make sense?

Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks, May for checking :D

Yes, apparently even after the 2 years of ownership, I'm liaible to pay tax based on current market value if I'm to sell my car.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:28 pm

A little more - I got an email question about how to go about selling a car after two years. This is how you do it, according to TalentCorp.

1. Write to MoF for consent to sell the car
To:
Setiausaha
Bahagian Cukai
Kementerian Kewangan Malaysia
Tingkat 7, Blok Tengah
Kompleks Kementerian Kewangan, Presint 2
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
62592 PUTRAJAYA

2. Once consent has been obtained the difference in the amount (taxes previously waived) would have to be paid. This value is the current market price of the car
3. Once the payment has been made to customs the car registration document (previously having the stamp exempted from tax) will be changed to a new registration document bearing the new buyers name.

If anyone has gone through this procedure, please let us know how it went and how long it took.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Hello, I'm currently facing some problems in purchasing a new Honda CRV.
I made booking for the car in July with my AP expiring in August. The dealer didn't follow through the process very well and sometime in September they asked me to request for extension to the AP myself.

I contacted Talentcorp and they said the dealer should have made the request stating reasons for the extension prior to the expiry of the AP. Talentcorp said they will table my case and seek for approval from MOF. It is November now and my case is still pending.

Anyone knows how and where I can seek help? Or anything I can do to expedite the matter?

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Oh my. Who did you talk to at TalentCorp?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:24 pm

For those interest to purchase Honda's CKD, I could recommend a Sales Advisor that did it very professionally. Ordered a CRV in end of Aug and delivered early Nov. He knows who to contact and who to chase so he did most the stuffs for me.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4