View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 why international schools? 

As I read WK's post on 'how to find an international' school, a question comes to mind:
"Why the need for 'international school'?"
Is it a reflection of a need stemming out of the lack of a 'proper, free, fundamental' primary & secondary schools? Or
Is it because MY Boleh?

No matter 'how affordable' or not, an international school education is still a l-o-t o-f m-o-n-e-y...

Has the country 'progressed' so far that elementary education has to now come with some kind of a price tag to be consider 'prestigeous, viable, or preferred'...? Or

Has the country gone down the drain so far that every morsel of faith, confidence, or recognition is utterly lacking for public vs paid schooling...?

Oh, the kids of future Bolehland: We wish them well...
Especially those whose families resources put international school outta reach...

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:54 am

Yup, very good question.
In my generation (I'm Gen X), most of us went to Sekolah Kebangsaan.
Now most of my friends have kids in Chinese school (hats off to them, but you need a fairly stoic kid to withstand the corporal punishment and academic rigour) or one of the dozens and dozens of international schools sprouting up.
Sadly, many have lost their faith in the public school system.The thing is even if the political will to improve was there (it's not), change will take a generation.
Which is too late for our kids. So for those of us who make a decision to be here, we look for alternatives, and scrimp and save to pay for it.
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that education is THE problem/issue in Malaysia today.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]