View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 CKD car 

Hi all
Now, you are back in Malaysia, reported yourself to the Talentcorp, have all the letters from the talentcorp, and you went to visit a car dealer to purchase the car under the REP scheme; How long is the usual process to purchase the car?
I went to a Honda dealership to purchase Honda CRV early this year and filled up all the required forms. After 3 months, I was told that my application was still being processed. At the end of the day, I decided to purchase a normal price Jazz. I noted that the Honda guy had no experience dealing with REP scheme before. I also went to visit BMW Sungai Besi, and I was told that I could get a car within 4-8 weeks depending on the time the car is booked and assembled. The guy was also knowledgeable about the REP scheme. Maybe I will get one early next year

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi driller,
I had the same prob buying my Honda CRV in 2011. And I don't think it's just Honda showrooms that don't know. My dealer in Imbi made it a point to figure out the process, but it still took a few months for us to get the car.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem last year when i came back with BMW, crap experience, took me 4 months to get the car. Going through a slightly better experience now for my 2nd car with Hyundai Old Klang Road. It took them 2 months to get the chassis allocation, just got allocated today. From now, it will take another month or so before i see the car, untill then, it will go through the production and sit under the sun.

There is also problems with Inokom which are slow in processing the REP clearance to allow the car to leave the factory. The last time with my BMW, i booked the car in July 2012, car only allocated 1st November and due to computer glitches in inokom, i only got the car on 14th december :) my wedding anniversary!

You need to expect the timelines for an REP car to be anywhere between 2 months to 4 or 5 months depends on brand, make and model. If its a car on high demand on normal prices, then rest assured it will take longer.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi gokulak,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Mind to share which model you got? I am thinking of getting Elantra.

By the way, how is the service at the Hyundai OKR branch?

Thanks!

gokulak wrote:
Hi,

I had the same problem last year when i came back with BMW, crap experience, took me 4 months to get the car. Going through a slightly better experience now for my 2nd car with Hyundai Old Klang Road. It took them 2 months to get the chassis allocation, just got allocated today. From now, it will take another month or so before i see the car, untill then, it will go through the production and sit under the sun.

There is also problems with Inokom which are slow in processing the REP clearance to allow the car to leave the factory. The last time with my BMW, i booked the car in July 2012, car only allocated 1st November and due to computer glitches in inokom, i only got the car on 14th december :) my wedding anniversary!

You need to expect the timelines for an REP car to be anywhere between 2 months to 4 or 5 months depends on brand, make and model. If its a car on high demand on normal prices, then rest assured it will take longer.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:38 pm

I purchased my bimmer a year ago from Penang and they were pretty knowledgable about the process. Recently purchased a mazda and while the office tried their best, they were raw at dealing with the process. It didn't help as well how bureaucratic MOF's process was. However, with the ever willing help rendered by Talent Corp, I finally got the car...

Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:19 pm

If you want to see which cars are CKD (locally assembled) and eligible. List compiled by TalentCorp.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6grchdhtmvc97 ... 013%29.pdf

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:55 am

the process of getting a car is nothing short than 3 months.

be careful not all CKD brand are eligible for REP program. example Peugeot by Naza are not part of the program. at least this is what i know couple of months ago via Naza, hope they changed it.

i am still waiting for my honda Jazz booked at the end of July.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi there,

I can't seem to be able to download the list. Is the link is still valid?

regards
Khairul

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi Khairul,

The link to the CKD cars is working for me. Try again? May have to wait a few seconds for it to download.

Let me know if it works...

May

Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi all,

Came back August 2012, last year...
Bought two cars from Toyota under the REP, smooth, took about 2 months.

Make sure the agent/dealer/branch knows how to handle tax incentive cars, may it be REP or MM2H.

One thing I would like to see though....
We, who are returning to Malaysia after so many years overseas, generally have no cars locally. We either have to 1) Borrow from friends, family, etc., which hey! can take 3 months or more... or 2) Rent a car.
It is difficult to survive in Malaysia without a car :)

Would be nice to TalentCorp arranging some corporation with a local car rental agency for discounted rentals. Just to provide us with an option, and also to ease our transition back here.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next