View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 earlier than 5 years! 

Dear all,

One of the conditions for this programme is flat tax rate for 5 years on 15%..what if due to unforeseen reasons limited jobs in M'sia, one has to go oversea again, would there be any penalty, like tax insentive being revoked and one has to cough up with the flat 15% tax rate being enjoyed from day one.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 am

I seem to remember you do need to cough up back taxes. Good question to pose to TalentCorp folks. Let me do that.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi chinster0,

Happy new year to you, apologies for the delay, we've had a busy start to 2014!

As long as you are in Malaysia, contributing and paying income taxes continuously, you will be able to claim the tax incentive. However, if you decide to leave (or stop paying income taxes for any reason other than transfer of employment/dire circumstances) during the five year period, the incentive will cease automatically and you will not be able to access it again in the future.

If you exercise the incentive for the full five years continuously, then you would have fulfilled requirements of the programme, and the Government will not pursue any form of revocation. As the tax system is on a pay-as-you-earn basis, there will be no claw back as individuals are contributing income tax during the time they are employed in Malaysia.

That said, we continue to encourage returnees to actively contribute to Malaysia whether via the REP community or the Malaysian community in general, physically or virtually.

Hope this helps!

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am

hello guys im a new user of this website, i just wanted to say hello to you guys, and please teach me how to interact in this website

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:51 pm
Profile WWW

Hi, I am new here. Regarding the 5 years term, will it be possible to move oversea again even with less than 5 yrs working in Malaysia? Will the government/talencorp allow this to happen? Any penalty given?
thanks

Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi TiaraH,

You are free to leave before five years is up. There is no clawback of taxes, so no penalty as such. The only thing is if you leave and come back after several years, you will not get the flat tax of 15% again.

May

Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:47 pm

thanks chenmayyee

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]