View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Janda Baik - Aman Rimba 

If you are looking for a nice short local retreat, I recommend the Aman Rimba resort in Pahang's beautiful Janda Baik. I was there for a 4 night stay with my family, it was a lovely relaxing getaway for us.

Janda Baik and all its lovely homestays and getaways are only an hour and a half away from Kuala Lumpur on a relatively straightforward drive using the Middle Ring Road 2 and Karak highways.

Aman Rimba has 6 villas to rent out, you may choose to rent all 6 at a go, or just 3. Four villas sleep 4 pax each, while the last two sleep a couple each. See here for rates: http://www.amanrimba.com/rates.htm

Once you are there, the entire 3 acre estate with it's large variety of heliconia and a swan(ned) lake is yours to wander around in. There is a little paddle boat in the lake, although I must warn you to steer clear of the black swans. They can be ... touchy if you get too close.

An on site team will look after you and your group, cooking 4 meals a day and arranging for massages, a jungle hike with trained guides or bicycle excursions if you can tear yourselves away from the dining pavilion.

The food at Aman Rimba? It's good. You may have barbecue's, steamboats, kelantanese food (the owners are from Kelate) and normal kampung food. Catering is charged separately from accomodation.

Closeby is Kampung Bukit Tinggi with good chinese food and fresh fruit and vegetables for sale. Very good fun and worth a visit for a meal.

Check it out at http://www.amanrimba.com

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]